Friday, May 20, 2011

Month #4

So I'm 14 weeks and 3 days in. This is the first time that I didn't come home from work and immediately lay down and pray that the nausea would subside.

Starting exactly at week 8, I got violently ill. I had burst blood vessels in my face and eyes and thought for sure I had poisoned myself and would shortly die.

Unfortunately, I did not.. and was left to endure what some sick sadistic bastard had (sooooo inaccurately) named "morning sickness". "morning" sickness?! MORNING?!?!! all fucking day sickness. It never stopped, I vomited as soon as I woke up in the morning, on my way to work, at work, a few times on my way home, and then sat on or near the toilet. This lasted about two weeks before my sister ( I LOVE HER) told me about diclectin. I called my doctor in tears and it was that simple, she called in a prescription and My husband and I went to get it (read: he went and got it while I sat in the car with my head in a bucket.)

I took a pill immediately and hoped that it would help.

after a few days, a miracle happened. I woke up and just lay there. *angels singing*. did you hear that?! I JUST LAY THERE. I didn't run to the bathroom, I didn't throw myself violently over the side of the bed to vomit in a bucket.. I just lay there, staring up at the ceiling, scared to breathe or move and incur the wrath of the sickness.

Then, I got up! o. m. g. I stood, and DIDN'T VOMIT. I don't know how to express my amazement fully. I had woken up, and then lay there.. then, I stood up, ALL WITHOUT VOMITING. a freakin miracle!


So my little pills of ecstasy ,stamped with a preggo lady were all I needed to survive.

Shortly after that, I vomited.. but hell, I went *at least* half and hour with my insides INSIDE!

Since then, I've been pretty sick, I vomit once daily, and the rest is just a nausea that won't really quit, but it's nothing like that first two weeks where I was convinced that the next time I threw up, there would be an organ or two floating in the toilet.

now, all I have to do is look at this, and it all seems worth it.. but I'm sure as hell gonna point out how rough this kid made my life when he/she won't clean their damn room.

No comments: