Sunday, December 4, 2011

Drama at work. and I'm not even there!

so, a while ago.. a few months now at least, I had some issues with a woman at work.

when I was leaving for maternity leave, I sent out a memo to everyone with the date that I would be leaving. which was supposedly to be november 4th. Unfortunately, after I was told by my doctor that I shouldn't stay that long, I had to leave a bit earlier. I sent out another memo apologizing for the short notice, and letting everyone know that I would be leaving october 21st instead.

This is the email that I received from the stupid woman:

Hello [Pyra],
I guess [company]'s policy is to provide as little notice as possible for every situation. Is there a contract that you have to sign to give two months notice for anything? i don't see any reson for you to only give a day notice that youre leaving yet if I have an emergency and have to pull my son i have to give you two months notice. it's unfair and i think that when it comes time to take [child] out of [company] i will quote this email where you give less than 24 hours notice to leave. For the time that you have been in charge I have had to call [government agency] twice because you don't both (I assume she meas "bother") to have enough staff in the morning and hopefully your replacement will actually do their job. Sorry if i seem unsympathetic but we pay too much money to [company]to have things like this happening.

[evil wench]

nice huh? especially since in my memo i let everyone know that it was due to medical reasons. Annnnyway, my response to her was:

Hello [Evil Wench],
First of all, I would like to say how happy I am for you that you have never had a medical emergency yourself, or that your family has never had to suffer through any hardships that required you to be away from work, I sincerely hope that it continues to be the case.

Second, my pregnancy has had added compications and I have suffered through the increased stress levels from having people call [government agency] when their claims are completely unfounded. Fortunately, [government agency] has followed up thoroughly each time, and has found that these claims were from the same person and will likely disregard any future calls as they have been a waste of valuable time thus far.

Thirdly, I thank you for you input, and will definitely be letting my replacement know what you feel her job entails. Whether she acts on your interpretation of her job, or her actual duties set out by the government and our corporate office will unfortunately be up to her.

Fourth, and Final. As dismayed as I am to see how upset you are that I am leaving, I am doing what is best for myself and my family. Unfortunately whether you agree or not has absolutely no bearing on my decision, as for the past year you have made every attempt to belittle and insult me. I will not miss the treatment I have received from you, and only hope that someone in your enlightens you to how it feels to be treated the way you have treated me.

Thank you, and best of luck with everything that comes your way,
[Pyra]

I had kind of hoped that I would never have to hear from/about her again, but now supposedly there is a staff at work that has told this person, that her son will be mistreated by one of my coworkers because she is a good friend of mine, and I "hate" her son. I'm waiting to hear if this issue has been cleared up, and I really hope that whoever said it gets written up at least.. because they're using my name to make a friend's life hard.. which I am really unhappy about :o(

No comments: