Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm determined, damnit.

on tuesday I got word from my boss that performance evaluations on all my staff would be due by October 17th.

I got to thinking.. if they are due October 17th, and she has to read through 800 or so.. I probably won't get them approved and delivered to my staff before I go on my Mat leave..So I called her up and asked her if I could have them done this week for her so that I could definitely be the one to meet with each staff and go over their performance.

why oh why do I do this to myself?!

I have fifteen staff. the performance evaluations are 7 pages each. There are two sections for each evaluation, which each consist of 22 subsections. Each of these subsections requires a comment. so.. basically, I had to write 660 comments, each one different and individualized to each of my staff.

I did it though! I had finished five on wednesday and thursday, and was determined to finish the rest today. so I closed the door to my office, refused to answer the phone, and worked my ass off. I finished them! 10 minutes before the end of my shift!

I'm proud of me :D

No comments: